A warm happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful Moms out there! It truly is a labor of love to be a mom! Thanks for all you do for your children!
While we are on thank you's, I just wanted to thank you all for showering me with so many thoughtful words, cards, gifts, treats, flowers, etc. during this Teacher Appreciation Week. I'm humbled by it all; thank you.
* Progress report packets went home in blue folders yesterday. Please take a look at the packet and return 1 copy of the progress report signed.
May is Bike Month:
* Bike riding this month is encouraged to earn weekly prizes. I record trips (1 trip = 10 minutes) daily in Morning Meeting and turn in our class log every Tuesday. Kudos to those who have participated so far and to all for being honest reporters.
2nd Grade Kind, Safe, and Fun Recess Campaign:
* We have started a Kind, Safe, and Fun recess campaign during 2nd Grade recesses to ensure safe play. Ask your 2nd grader to tell you more about this.
* Math--we will be starting our chapter on Geometry. Please continue to review measurement, time, money, addition/subtraction with and without regrouping, and timed math facts in preparation for our end of the year Math assessments.
* Reading/Language Arts/Writing--we are reading and learning about the great genre of poetry! So far, we've learned about acrostic, haiku, and cinquain poems.
*Science/Technology--we have completed our group seed experiments and are publishing on Google slides highlighting The Scientific Method.
Mark your calendars:
Wed. 5/18 @10:10 - 11:50 am (Reading)
Mon. 5/23 @ 10:50 - 11:50 am (Math)
Wed. 5/25 @ 8:30 - 9:50 am (Language); Open House @ 6:00 pm
A few Mother's Day Quotes for you:
Making the decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.--Elizabeth Stone
The art of mothering is to teach the art of living to children.--Elain Heffner
Nothing you do for children is ever wasted. They seem not to notice us, hovering, averting our eyes, and they seldom offer thanks, but what we do for them is never wasted.--Garrison Keillor
Yay, moms! Have a great weekend!